WARNING! VIEW THIS IMAGE IN PHOTOSHOP OR InfranView TO SEE IT CORRECTLY.
Finally got rid of the image darkening problem i had for a while now..
Apparently Windows Photo viewer applies some gamma correction on the image and youre not viewing it correctly... so you go to photoshop and crank up the curves or levels and put it on the Internets... not good..
1. Calibrate your monitor
2. Apply a calibrated sRGB color profile to your monitor
3. In Photoshop convert your image to "Monitor sRGB" color profile
4. Just to be sure - Apply "Proof Colors" option and choose "Monitor sRGB"
5. Save your picture in PNG with sRGB color profile
6. In InfranView settings, make sure you dont have any color/gamma correction profiles set
7. View your image in InfranView.
8. Enjoy the same colors/contrast/saturation from start to finish!!