So I thought I'd do some cliché fantasy item for my 2nd thesis presentation at school and show people the Photoshop 3D painting tool workflow at the same time.
I recorded whole process on video. The whole thing took me about 3 hours and 30 minutes to finish. (Would have been a LOT faster if I didn't have to struggle on every step due to lack of experience).
Video coming next week after the presentation!
Here are some screenshots and the steps though..
- Concept in Alchemy
- Painting in Photoshop
- Low-poly modeling in Blender - Unwrapping in Blender
- Voxelizing in 3D Coat
- Sculpting in 3D Coat - Grabbing normals and ambient occlusion from xNormals (It did the best job out of these three)
- Texture painting in Photoshop
- Trying to enhance the texture in dDo (it looked good enough with the default maps already so I just used it as a realtime renderer)
- Quick render in Blender Render (Funny how the viewport GLSL view looked much better than the render)
Pretty neat. Although I had a bug or something where I sculpted all the details for 40 minutes or so after the initial base sculpt, then I pressed Ctrl-Z and it got rid of all the details. I loaded last save but it was exact same as current one. So I had to re-do everything. :/
Hello. Im 26-year old guy from Russia. I live in Finland.
Concept artist, 2D artist, 3D artist.
Right now I'm available for paid work!
Graduated from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. Thesis: http://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/76450